Nothing beats breakfast with a stack of fluffy pancakes. Certainly not when it comes to this variant! Double peanut butter pancakes with velvety raspberries are the way to start the day full of energy.
Perfect peanut butter
Home-made 100% peanut butter is the star of this recipe. The fleece peanuts are freshly roasted by us and processed into this versatile product. The result is a peanut butter with a superior taste and structure. Perfect to use in this recipe! And because "it is so tasty, we have used the fresh peanut butter in both the batter and the sauce that we pour over the pancakes: double enjoyment!
The Ingredients (2 large or 4 small portions)
• 40 grams of Unsalted Cream Butter
• 80 grams of 100% Peanut butter
• 180 grams of Organic Lemaire flour
• Pinch of salt • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• ½ teaspoon of baking soda
• 2 eggs
• 380 grams Farmer's Buttermilk
• 15 grams of 100% Peanut butter
• 85 grams of liquid honey
The Kitchen Helpers
• 2 mixing bowls
• Frying pan with non-stick coating
The method of preparation
1. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Melt (in a saucepan) the unsalted butter over low heat, add the peanut butter and stir until well combined. Sift the lemaire flour with the salt, baking powder and baking soda over a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs with the buttermilk and add the butter-peanut butter mixture. Add the "wet ingredients" to the bowl with the flour and mix until smooth. Note: do not mix too long, small lumps are even desirable!
2. Heat a frying pan or pan over medium heat until it is hot, grease it with coconut oil or ghee and scoop the batter into the pan using a soup ladle. (You can bake 3 pancakes at the same time in a large frying pan.) Then turn the heat to low and wait for bubbles to appear on the surface. Turn the pancakes over and cook for 2 more minutes. Bake all the pancakes in this way until the batter is finished.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Melt the peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the honey and let it thicken slightly, stirring now and then.
4. Stack the pancakes on a (warm) plate, pour the sauce over the pancakes and garnish with the raspberries. Serve immediately.