We at De Verserij are encouraged to enjoy culinary delights based on 37 elements. But sometimes, sometimes less is really more. With only 4 ingredients you can conjure up amazing flapjacks from your oven.
Best of British
For the British, flapjacks are inextricably linked to afternoon tea. The treat resembles an oatmeal bar, but one that surpasses all types from the supermarket. The best quality oat flakes and cream butter give these flapjacks an irresistible texture and taste!
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (180 hot air) and line the baking tin with a sheet of baking paper.
2. Place the saucepan on low heat. Melt the butter and add sugar and honey (and salt if necessary). Let these dissolve completely while stirring.
3. Add the oats to the pan. Stir well, until all oat flakes are covered with a layer of the butter-honey mixture.
4. Divide the contents of the pan over the baking tin and press it with the convex side of a spoon. Try to make the top as even as possible. This ensures even cooking and a good baking result.
5. Place the pan in the oven and bake the flapjacks as desired: 15 minutes for soft and chewy, 25 minutes for hard and crunchy. Let the baking cool in the tin and cut into strips or squares with a sharp knife.