Do you want to take burgers, lamb, sandwiches or cheese to a high culinary level? Try this relish! Sweet with berries and sugar, spicy with chili and mildly sour with balsamic vinegar - contrasting flavors that tickle everyone's taste buds.
(For a 375 ml (450 gram) jar)
• 200 grams of Red Onions
• 100 grams of raspberries
• 100 grams of red berries
• 2 cloves of Garlic
• 2 cm Ginger
• 1 Red Pepper
• 115 ml Balsamic vinegar
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 150 grams of dark brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
The Kitchen Helpers
• Fine grater
• Casserole with a thick bottom
• Wooden ladle
• 375 ml canning jar with screw lid, sterilized
The method of preparation
1. Wash the red berries and remove them from the sprigs. Peel and roughly chop the red onions.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in the frying pan and fry the red onions over medium heat until transparent and translucent. Finely chop the garlic and red pepper, grate the ginger and fry all three briefly with the onions.
3. Add the balsamic vinegar, salt and dark caster sugar and slowly transfer the contents of the pan to the cake. Then add the raspberries and the red berries and lower the heat. Let it boil down to a viscous whole, stirring occasionally (this will take about an hour).
4. Fill the sterilized weck jar with the hot relish to (1 centimeter) below the rim. Check that the rim of the jar is clean and tighten the screw cap on the jar. Turn the jar upside down and let the relish cool. Once cooled, the red onion relish with red fruit can be kept for six months.