Five minutes and an equal amount of ingredients - you don't need more for this delicious salad. The combination of strawberries, basil and balsamic vinegar is tasty in itself, but the addition of goat cheese makes it magical!
Speaking of magic: the G-oat Cheese we use in this salad! Max & Bien - the Amsterdam plant-based cheese experts - have succeeded in developing a variant that is hardly distinguishable from the real thing. Soft, creamy and enchantingly delicious. Bet you can't get enough of it?
• 500 grams of Strawberries
• 75 grams of G-oat Cheese
• A few basil leaves
• 1 tablespoon of Unolivo Balsamic Vinegar (or balsamic syrup *)
• Black pepper
• Optional: Malden sea salt flakes
The method of preparation
1. Remove the crowns from the strawberries and pluck the leaves from the sprigs of basil. Cut the strawberries into slices and almost all the basil leaves into thin strips. Set aside a few leaves to decorate the salad.
2. Mix the strawberries with the basil strips and place in a deep plate. Crumble the G-oat Cheese over the salad and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar (syrup). Finish the salad with black pepper and the optional salt flakes.
* You can easily make balsamic syrup yourself by bringing 200 ml of balsamic vinegar with 1 teaspoon of sugar to the boil and allowing it to thicken slightly over low heat.