Our Italian artichoke is also called a violet from Italy. Venice Violet. This is due to the deep purple color.
How do you prepare Artichoke?
- Cut the stems off the artichokes. Remove a piece of the lower leaves, they are hard and tough. Halve the lemons. Rub the bottom of the artichoke with ½ lemon to prevent discoloration.
- Squeeze the rest of the lemon. Bring a large pot of water with the lemon juice to a boil. Place the artichokes in the pan and cover with a plate to keep them submerged. Cook the artichokes for 25-30 minutes. They are done when you can slide easily through the artichoke base with the tip of a knife.
- Meanwhile, put the mayonnaise in a bowl. Press the garlic on top and stir it into the mayonnaise along with the mustard. Season with pepper and divide the mayonnaise between small dishes.
- Remove the artichokes from the pan with a slotted spoon. Drain upside down in a colander. Divide between the plates and place a bowl of garlic mayonnaise with each plate.
- One by one, remove the leaves from the artichoke, dip them in the garlic mayonnaise and eat the soft bottom part. The hay in the core of the artichoke can be removed by hand or with a spoon, it is not edible. Finally, eat the tender artichoke base with the rest of the garlic mayonnaise.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.